Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Cleaning Cordura, How?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by robsalvv, Sep 8, 2006.

1. My cordura pants did not come with cleaning instructions and there's no "care instructions" tag on the inside. They're in need of a clean as they're a bit grotty... which got me thinking, just how do I since they're meant to be water proof?!

So what are the cleaning instructions?!?!

...if I do a warm water and soap hand wash, do I need to retreat with scotch gaurd or some such????

Thanks in advance folks.

2. I just hand wash mine with a bit of laundry detergent, rinse the hell out of them, then let them drip dry in the shade. :)
  3. Thanks Seany. Is that what you do from personal experimentation or as directed???

What about the rewaterproofing??
  4. I never read the instructions for anything. :LOL:

I just do it cause it seemed practical and ended up working. :LOL:

I haven't needed to re-waterproof anything yet but you could spray with scotch gaurd if you want. I figure getting washed in cold water shouldn't be too much worse for it than riding in the rain. :)
  5. ...apart from the scrubbing to get the bugs and dirt out...

Typical bloke... doesn't read the instructions! ;) :p
  6. 303 Fabric Guard is the shizzle for waterproofing fabrics. We use it in my industry to re proof boat covers etc. Not cheap, but a can will do say a half dozen large jackets with ease.
    I used to proof my work boots with it, actually, I proofed pretty much everything I owned!

Regards, Andrew.