Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Clean your helmet

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by conspiracytheorist, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Decided it was time to take out the cheekpads to give them a nice wash the other day. To do wash the liner you have to take the whole cheekpad out, then peel off the material over the foam. Left them out for a few days whilst liner was washed/dried, then put it all back together today.

The foam seems to have expanded so its alot more 'fitting', gripped to my cheeks kind of thing. So I guess if you're helmet isn't as tight inside as it used to be (and you can remove your cheek pads), maybe give it a go.

2. my ar$se isn't as tight as it use to be. do you have any cheek pad removal advice for stump?

3. Yes. Stop the ghey sex.

4. but but you were going on and on about how much you love it.

remember?

ou yourself wanted it tighter

5. SAND
    doesn't make it tighter but it gives more grip

6. Can't farking believe I'm posting this in General Discussion, but I think this thread's headed downhill anyway :p

7. Thank you. The song link at the bottom (pardon the pun) of the article was most amusing.

8. :LOL: epic song

9. slowandsteady wrote

thanks slow.

we did try it but we nick named the method 'sudden discomfort' in honnor of what we were drinking this arvo.

2loo! great stuff! if i ever buy a pup im gunn name it kegel

10. I'm just an ideas man.
    Leave the mechanics to others to sort out.

Talc works too so I've been told. Same grip, less abrasion

My god what am I saying. Netrider corrupts..........

11. Reminds me of the old saying:
    "If you think sex is a pain in the arse, you're doing it the wrong way."

12. I'm sure I saw something somewhere in this thread about cleaning a helmet.

Buggered if I can see where :LOL:

Is that anal of me to point out that this thread has gone arse up?

13. My helmet got rained on today. It's lovely and clean now, on the outside at least.

14. Mr Sheen works great on the outside (both helmet and visor) :grin: . Have not had the courage yet to pull out the liner. Knowing my luck, the damn foam would not fit back in again. Cannot see why the foam itself would expand when uncovered? The air gets to it anyway while inside the helmet. The density of the foam is what provides the collison protection, and I cannot understand how\why it would change simply by removing it from the helmet for a few days. Did you get it wet perhaps? Moist air? :idea:

See: an attempt at an intelligent response without resorting to cheap sexual jokes. Quite sad really :cry:

15. No I just hadn't put the straps through the foam properly when I put it back in. And when I say 'I' I mean my dad, who did it for me whilst I was rushing to get ready for work. :rofl: