Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

classic gemini ad

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Androo, Jan 28, 2006.

1. OMW, thats some brilliant driving right there!!!! Classic ad :LOL:
  2. It doesn't alter the fact that it was a really crappy car!

There was French guys years ago who was the world expert at driving on two wheels like that, he set records for driving for miles. I did a search but couldn't find his name.....
  3. Anyone know if it is all legit or some SFX? Some of the jumps looked a bit blue screened but it was hard to tell because of the low res ... cool ad though, some awesome driving!
  4. The description says NO CG, by which, i would assume they also mean SFX
  5. The link on the right of the page says it's 20 years ago and not CGI.

That French guy I was mentioning used to do that sort of stuff at fairs and shows, as did the famous Hell-Drivers in old Holdens back in the 50s.

What is it about Paris that attracts loony driving antics?
  6. Thx, didn't read the text just watched the vid :oops:
  7. Great ad!

Excellent drivers, obviously many hours spent doing choreography before filming.

I agree with no sfx, but they did cheat in a couple of places. For instance, in the tandom 360 spin that starts at about 2:43, the two cars are locked together with a frame under the cars. If you pause it when the cars facing away from you, you can see it near the front wheels.

A cool effect though, and lots of other cool stunts. (although I would like to see the landings for some of the bigger jumps, such as over the fountain!)

Good find!
  8. have to say top notch driving
    but still a crappy car... would love to see one of them do those stunts now hahahaha :LOL:
  9. as far as i know, it's all real .. pretty amazing :)