Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Clash of the Titans. Rossi vs Bayliss.

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by MSCRacing, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Would be awesome, but hard to believe its true!
  2. Seems doubtful. Rossi flogged him heaps of times, when TB was in Motogp. What is left to prove?
  3. Hard to imagine it would happen, journalistic licence i think.
  4. Would be great to see. I did not realize that the superbikes actually corner faster than the motoGP bikes a lot of the time. On the map below you can see a comparison of maximum speeds. The MotoGP bikes have the extra power, but the Superbikes seem to have the handling!

5. Apparently it's not as fanciful as it seems. Rossi is mentioning this quite frequently in press interviews.
  6. Why not? The only stumbling block will be Yamaha, if they decide not to take the risk. No-one else has got anything to lose. I'd love to see it.
  7. That's bogus. There's a 60km/hr speed differential on one corner. :LOL:
  8. They weren't exactly on equal machinery though.
  9. True, but that was a while ago. TB may not want to do it.
  10. In moto gp, Biaggi and others flogged him too...
  11. Yeah, but it has nothing to do with Max. He didn't win a race all season.
  12. The latest news is that Bayliss has reportedly stated that he will only race Rossi in a match race for the sum of $1 million sterling ($2 million AUS).

Bayliss has stated that he is content to retire completely from motorcycle racing knowing that he won his last race and did so as a World Champion etc.

He has also mentioned that he is keen to consider a move to V8 Supercars.

I only hope that the V8 Supercar fraternity doesn't gang up on him if he does like they did with Wayne Gardner when he made the same transition at the end of his motorcycle racing career.

"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul...."
  13. I think Bayliss would be silly to get mixed up in this. He went out on a high and why risk spoiling it? Sure, 2 million might be worth it if that offer is even real, which I doubt... then again, maybe he should take a lesson from ABBA who apparently turned down a 1 BILLION offer for a reunion concert. Money isn't everything, especially when you're sitting on a decent-size pile already.

And if Rossi wants to prove he's a real man rather than the pansy everyone thinks he is, he should enter Isle of Man TT.
  14. TB won his last SBK race AND his last MotoGP race. He has nuffin' to prove, and as he's stated, would only do it for money, no other reason to really. Not that he needs the money either...........
  15. I hope that it doesn't happen. It won't prove anything anyway.