Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Clarkson tries a bike

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Marmitemonkey, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Actually he tried a 125 Vespa, but lordy me his review is funny.

I don't think he'll ever make it onto anything bigger, but at least he was aware of the need for protective gear.

Have a read: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/driving/jeremy_clarkson/article4963194.ece

Classic Clarkson!

Tried to do the swish link with only here as the link but can't work it out. Any hints from those in the know?

2. To linkylinky, you type:

Where 'blah' is the http://www.... and 'here' is what you want it to display as.

3. Thanks Spots!

I'll get the hang of this interweb thingy eventually. :)
  4. Lol! That's hysterical!!! :LOL:
  5. i remember one episode f his show, they were in a muddy field sampling recreational vehicles. dirtbikes, quad bikes, dune buggies, etc. he tried the dirt bike. didn't quite get the hang of the clutch, and BAM. he's doing donuts with the front wheel in the air
    he didn't try again

Clarky hates the bikes. too cold to ride in the UK, he doesn't want to learn so they're still dangerous for him, he thinks the gear is dorky, etc. but as someone once pointed out, he's still for the same things we're for on the road. reasonable speed limits and less revenue-raising Gatso cameras and proper driver education. and he is bloody funny sometimes
  6. I mustn't have activated my humour gene today, I didn't find it funny.
  7. If you can imagine him saying it in that rather over-the-top way he has of delivering things, it is really quite amusing.

Pissa! :grin:
  8. I have a DVD of Clarkson in America where he rides a Harley Sportster for a short distance.

He then puts several kilos of explosives under it.... :LOL:

It's the same one where he destroys a Prius by shooting it using bigger and bigger calibres of weaponry.
  9. That doesn't really narrow it down, Tony. ;) :LOL:
  10. It's the Good, the Bad and the Ugly - it's just Clarkson (and the Stig) in the USA.

He can't find anything to like about their cars... (what a surprise :LOL: )
  11. #12 TonyE, Oct 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    That's the very one... :LOL:
  12. #13 Deadsy, Oct 23, 2008
    That's because Clarkson is a tool. A tool that dislikes motorcycles. fcuk him.

13. I don't understand why he keeps referring to the Vespa as a motorcycle :evil:
    What?!? Is he still talking about scooters?
    :LOL: he must be unco
  14. Lol @ all the losers picking out the errors in his otherwise completely serious and factual article.
  15. #16 say_wat, Oct 23, 2008
    Maybe I'm slow today, but I don't understand the challenge ... Jeremy choses a car + track and they race each other in a car? Okay so what does that prove exactly...that one of them drives a car faster than the other - not that cars suck.
    Then a bike + track is chosen and they both race on the bike? Well Jeremy has never claimed to be a rider, let alone an uber fast racer - I mean wth man... Please explain?

Otherwise, hilarious article :D I was lolling throughout mainly because I could imagine his potato head saying all of that lol.
  16. I thought that was a fantastic review. I laughed the whole way through, and I'm seriously considering sending it to my Mum. (Because she doesn't worry enough about my getting instantly killed every time I turn left...)
  17. Clarkson on a Ducati in Monaco Huge URL skip to 20 minutes...