Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Citizenship test unveiled

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by FUTURE, Aug 26, 2007.

1. So who is up for the test??? I tried to answer them and ... well... I am no longer an Aussie... :roll:

2. 20 out of 20, but then my family has been here since 1802 :LOL:.
  3. fixed :D :D

i got 14.. i heard the pass mark is 60% or something like that
  4. Hang on, I thought it was spelt "Straya"?
  5. New test: run 100 metres along a beach in thongs with an esky full of beer in one hand, and a towel in the other.
  6. Their party of course, stuff representing the people :roll:
  7. Sorry, you got one wrong !!! [-X They claim that we have three levels of government, with local councils being the third. Hmmmm, let me look at the Australian Constitution that I keep by my bed ICE.. No.. No mention of such a thing.. Let us ask the ACT riders in this forum, ever heard of a thing called local government? No.. Strange…
    Australia has not three levels of government. States create companies call “Local councils†to help them with local issues, giving the impression that we have someone close to complain, and whenever States want, they can fire the lot.. So no, as long as ACT belongs to Australia and as long as the constitution has no mention of the local government, Australia has only two levels of government.
    Sorry Hornet600, it is back to the convict ship for you!!! :p :grin:
  8. Hahaha very nice.
  9. G'day everyone,....

The Answer to all the questions is the same:

Who give's a flying F,.....

Dr Who?
  10. for the less literate newcomers the simple practicle test is to drink a longneck of VB through a funnel.
    i know i'm an aussie :grin:
  11. Proof that these "tests" are not really relevent beyond basic history.

Just like paying $6000 for permanent residency, and (from an indian colleague's account) despite having done 10,000 word essays and research (not to mention a thesis) for a masters in marketing (in english), still having to take a spelling test (and paying a fee, naturally) to submit said permanent residency application...

Bad enough international students are spending $5000 to $20000 (approx) a semester up front. (Damn there really needs to be regulation on that front, means universities don't waste money on overseas marketing campaigns, and international students get a fairer chance at being able to afford education and become a permanent resident to provide intellectual capacity.

Doesn't make a $20,000 CSP/HECS debt seem so bad...

And, back on topic, makes the immigration goons seem (imho) either out of touch or hapless victims of the "moral" chain of command...

(and 18/20, is it necessary to be an aust cit to be a representative in a level of government?(I gather 99% yes))
  12. 60%

i dont have a problem with letting people in. i think giving them a chance is a great thing to do and i always feel for them when i hear stories about how they have to go thru amanda vanstone [not anymore, i know, but..you know]

letting people in is all fine and good but there is such a thing as being too nice. i think that if those who step on our soil wouldnt do the same for us we should reconsider, otherwise its just plain foolish and we're going to walked over.

i've got a great idea for a test, it only has 1 multiple choice question;

Q: my wholesome home country would;

A: let you people in by the boat load

B: not let you people in by the boat load

C: shoot you by the boat load

13. I seem to remember an election being resoundingly won on the basis of average Austrialian's opinions about who should get into our country, and who should not. I think the words were, "We will decide who comes into our country, and who does not." The majority of Australians said yes to that, and still do.

Ask yourself this question; if there was a tsunami HERE and 250,000 people were killed, would Indonesia, a nation of 150,000,000 people, and an Islamic nation, send 1 billion dollars to our government to help???? You know the answer to that. Australia is well on the way to becoming the world's patsy nation, and a change of government in November will certainly hasten that process.
  14. i'm sure it's a multiple choice test.
  15. This was unfortunate...but then again, too large of a percentage of Australians are racist retards.

Maybe they would've, maybe they wouldn't have. I'm sure aid was sent for a variety of reasons, but I would like to think that one of those reasons was because a large number of people just took some big watery bites out of a huge shit sandwich and we helped them out. Like there is something wrong with that :roll:.
  16. The usual whining line, I thought you could do better than the standard "everyone who doesn't vote labor is an idiot' mantra.

So it's OK for Australia, through its duly elected governments and its private citizens to provide aid for nations in need, but there's no expectation that they would or should do the same if the reversed?

As I said, Australia is fast becoming the patsy nation of the world....
  17. 1. In what year did Federation take place?
    No one knows the date because it hasn't happened yet. Most people aren't even sure if Kirk or Picard is better off in charge of it.

2. Which day of the year is Australia Day?
    If you live in Australia then every day is an Australia day, dumbass.

3. Who was the first Prime Minister of Australia?
    Some dead guy.

4. What is the first line of Australia's national anthem?
    Mmmm, mmm, mmm, mmm, mmmmmm, mmmmm, mm mm.

5. What is the floral emblem of Australia?
    Probably a pansy - just like most of our polititions.

6. What is the population of Australia?
    Trick question, since it changes each day.

7. In what city is the Parliament House of the Commonwealth Parliament located?
    The real one is located in Dubbo - less change of a nookulaw strike.

8. Who is the Queen's representative in Australia?
    Ben Elton.

9. How are Members of Parliament chosen?
    We start by scraping the bottom of a barrel...

10. Who do Members of Parliament represent?
    Their hood. You gotta stand up and represent bro.

11. After a federal election, who forms the new government?
    The winners.

12. What are the colours on the Australian flag?
    Colors, because if they weren't colors they'd be something else.

13. Who is the head of the Australian Government?
    We only know that the Prime Minister is the ass.

14. What are the three levels of government in Australia?
    Do what I want, do what we want, do what you want.

15. In what year did the European settlement of Australia start?
    The same year as the first aboriginal was heard to say "Maybe it will be good for our people to make some new friends?"

16. Serving on a jury if required is a responsibility of Australian citizenship: true or false?
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...I mean, true.

17. In Australia, everyone is free to practice the religion of their choice, or practice no religion: true of false?
    Unless being picked on or made fun of is a cost?

18. To be elected to the Commonwealth Parliament you must be an Australian citizen: true or false?
    That or an alien.

19. As an Australian citizen, I have the right to register my baby born overseas as an Australian citizen: true or false?
    Baby borns, cabbage patch dolls and other such plastic fads are not eligible to register as Aussies.

20. Australian citizens aged 18 years or over are required to enrol on the electoral register: true or false?
    Damn straight. How else can you experience Australian freedoms unless you are forced to do things.
  18. nice one Bonkers :rofl:
  19. :LOL: 100%, quick, distribute this to all detention centres, and all known people smugglers :LOL:.
  20. No Paul there isn't, you do what's right because it's right.

I would of thought that a card carrying Christian would know that.