Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

CISSP

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by DeepWater, Aug 15, 2006.

1. I was just wondering if any of you guys have done the CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional) course. Work is putting me though it. I need to buy a text book to study it and there are 10 different choices, i was just going to buy the most expensive as thats normally the best option, lol.

If you have done this course, can you tell me what text book you got and if it was any good ?? As there are roughly 15 different books and i dont know which is the best to get.

If you want to know about the course here is a link, it is a VERY intensive course...from what ive heard;

http://www.alctraining.com.au/courses/content_cissp.html

2. If your work is sending you to the course. Why don't they pay for the textbook? :?

3. They are, im just selecting which one i want, ill pay for it and they'll reembrust me, but ill also keep a receipt and claim it on tax, :)

I was just going to pick the most expensive one, but i want to make sure it's actually good.