Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

CHromed Plastic and New Chrome Metal

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by mstamos, Jun 30, 2007.

1. Can anyone suggest what will be a good polish for chromed plastic and new chromed metal - want a shiny bike without wrecking it in my efforts to have it shiny

2. what u mean chromed plastic
  3. I would recommend metal polish, workas a treat. and chromed plastic is plastic with the "shiny metal" finish; still uses chromium in the paint.
  4. For new chrome (and in particular clear-coated chrome) I'd be staying away from any of the particularly abrasive metal polishes (ie Autosol). Really any non-abrasive car polish that's safe for use on plastics should work fine.
  5. thanks people
  6. My Sheen is your friend
  7. Are yu sure Woodsy? Mr Sheen I thougfh was only for furniture although I have heard others using it on their bikes (I presume not on the seats otherwise it would be - Slip SLiding away when going through bends)
  8. yep great for plastic and for cleaning gungy wheels

and leaves your bike smelling lemony fresh ;)
  9. Cheers - I'll give it a go :grin:
  10. Window cleaner is another i would try. The Boulevard has lots of chrome, believe me it works perfect.. :grin:
  11. + 1 or Pledge, it's the same stuff. Avoid the Mr Sheen with added oils, yuk.