Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

chrisco hampers

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by countrycruiser V6, Oct 30, 2006.

1. hey all' if anyones interested in getting chrisco hamper delivered let me know and i'll post you a catalogue(my wife is a distributer).

2. Already got my 2007 Cat & already started on paying for next years. :LOL: Now the hard part deciding what to order.

Wish they bloody hurry up & send out info on delivery days. Cupboards & freezer looking pretty empty.

3. No thanks - not going with them again after our experiences with them last year. Castle for us ;)

4. Apart from the fact you get to pay for your hampers in instalments over time, and also convenient cos they deliver.....
    I'm interested to know if it is actually cheaper to buy the goods yourself or is it cheaper to buy them in bulk like with these xmas hampers?
    In other words..... do you get good value for money? apart from the ability to pay them off/delivered to your door or would it be cheaper if I sourced everything myself and took advantage of the Xmas specials that supermarkets always have.

5. Castle? Haha...yeah well, used to work for them. And funnily enough, now working across the road...and...yeah well, think I may still be legally bound to not divulge information....I'll just leave it at "haha"...

But what I can say is that the prices are pretty much what you'd pay yourself, it's just helpful to not have it gone all in one hit. If you've got the willpower to put the money away yourself, you'd end up just as well off, if not better.*

As for 'experiences' with other places, I can assure you, Castle had their fair share.

*I didn't work in the purchasing, I was a phone biatch, this is just what I was told while working there.

6. ahhh castle

Castle? Haha...yeah well, used to work for them. And funnily enough, now working across the road...and...yeah well, think I may still be legally bound to not divulge information....I'll just leave it at "haha"...

But what I can say is that the prices are pretty much what you'd pay yourself, it's just helpful to not have it gone all in one hit. If you've got the willpower to put the money away yourself, you'd end up just as well off, if not better.*

As for 'experiences' with other places, I can assure you, Castle had their fair share.

*I didn't work in the purchasing, I was a phone biatch, this is just what I was told while working there.

7. I'm sure they have - nearly any workplace regardless of their operations have stories or little secrets. We'll take our chances :)

8. caz for us it's the convienence of not having to do the big shop with the crowds over the Chrissy break and following holiday season. I work in a supermarket and beleive me the last thing I want to subject myself or my family to is the B.S that comes with shopping for groceries that time of year. We only need to worry about the esentials (milk , bred etc)

9. +1 .. Soooo true last thing you want in this part of the world is that HELL Locals only venture out when they really really have to :LOL:

For us it works out we come out in front, not only convienence, price but also some goods we cant get here off the shelf. This is our 4th year getting Chrisco, wish had done it years ago.

As for which mob, chrisco or castle, comes down to personal preference, personally woudlnt touch castle with a ten foot poll, where my sis inlaw swears by them. There hampers may appear cheaper but there also half the size & I found quality was crap.

countrycruiser, would that be the IGA supermarket ?
    Roll on the 26th by cupboards & freezer will be well & truely empty by then.

10. I don't get the last minute rush xmas shop. Buy all your longer lasting stuff early on, and just buy perishables close to the date.
    And don't forget a nice huge ham!

Regards, Andrew.

11. Nah not iga, safeway.

12. Oh yeah, sure dude, didn't mean to give the impression that they're any worse or better than Chrisco. For your sake I hope they are :) Was just saying don't go with them thinking that they ARE necessarily going to be better :)

13. you mean "Ho Ho Ho- Merry X-mas" :wink:

But most of the stuff could be bought over a month in advance at Coles etc. I mean after seeing the advert - most things are packaged in cans/jars etc. Why not just stock up a few months earlier? But yes it is your choice - i wont critisize you. Im tall and enjoy the challenge of a Coles brawl :grin: lol