Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Chopper Bible

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by mattb, Jan 20, 2010.

1. There's few things as cool as a home-made real-world chopper, especially when it's a Japper. I just came across this nice little manual: Honda Chopper and Custom Shop Manual 1972. Might be handy to anybody doing a project.

2. Thankyou muchly for that.

and I agree; any non-Hardley chopper has much more cred then an off the shelve parts special from america.
  3. Very cool reading.Wouldn't mind building a jap chopper-custom
  4. I was toying with the idea of doing it to the Hornet. I love surfing the net or the aussie choppers forum for 70s pics of young guys chopped bikes, which are mostly Honda CBs. Often the pics are of them in pretty cool places, like cruising along the dirt Nullabor Hwy. There's so much character in an honest home-made chopper - it really speaks. There's something about the way those high bars curve up into the air. It's music. Chopping's a bit hard for backyard guys in Vic these days, though, with the stringent laws. But that book's a nice description of some of the basic principles.
  5. <giggle> 'mild sanitizing' <giggle>