Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Choosing the right exhaust

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by nightowlbondi, Aug 16, 2011.

1. hey guys this is my first post. I recently baught a laro v retro 250 and I wanted to change the exhaust to make it a bit louder and faster. Im a noob at knowing whats what so I need some advice from some more experienced riders. The engine is 223cc single cylinder and I want to know what the best possible exhaust would be. I dont want to spend to much money iv heard that buying from japan is the best option in terms of cost. So please if anyone could recommend something that would suit my bike I would greatlu appreciate it as i have little to nill knowledge with this kind of thing.

2. thats on a hyosung sports bike though... Different engine alignment. Different kettle of fish.

@Nightowlbondi: I wouldn't bother bud. Its a twofiddy and a cruiser at that... Are you looking to get an exhaust for the sound or the looks?

If you really feel the need, buy as cheap as you can, it won't matter in the long run... It'll still more than likely sound like crap.
  3. He's right, pretty much dont bother. People will point and laugh. Seriously.

It wont really make it appreciably faster, just sound abrasive and cheap. Wait for your big boy bike and THEN go to town.
  4. im more interested in getting a bit more speed, obviously i dont want it to sound stupid, surely there is something that can be done to make it faster? Thanks for the advice though maybe i should just leave it until i get a real bike.
  5. If you wanted a faster bike than the Laro V-Retro then you bought the wrong bike dude.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. only way to make it go faster is to start messing with forced induction
    or throw it out of a plane.
    it's a toy dude, play with it then palm it off to someone else when you've paid your dues
  7. hey kernel, you're learning mate!

@OP: don't bother man. its a cruiser. its a lams cruisers. its a no-name lams cruiser. going fast is the last thing you want to be thinking about :D leave that for your "real" bike when you get off your restrictions.