Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Choke issue zx2r

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by Bluespawn, Sep 24, 2006.

1. Hi guys, another small problem with my bike. When warming bike up, the choke is really touchy. I mean if I turned it up full, it would rev at 4000 or so and then I have to bring it to about 1/2 way to get it to sit at around 2000 (what I would think should be normal ?) and then it sort of revs higher then lower then it may go all they way upto 4000 without me touching it. So this being said, is this just a simple choke adjustment, or could this lead to a more serious problem?

2. Same thing happens to me dude. When you are choking it for its first run... Just open the choke up enough so that it doesnt stall soon within a few seconds or so the engine will run smooth and wont bounce around in regards to revs. Thats what I do and it seems to work fine. Or even if you give it a quick couple pumps on the throttle. Depends on weather you want to do that on a cold start.

After first start for the day I dont usually use the choke again unless I have not used it for about 4-5 hours.