Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

choke choking

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Tomcatalex, Jul 7, 2008.

1. my choke lever doesnt open the choke, when i look at the carbies there are two cables for the choke on each carb, but somewhere under the mass of wires the 2 turn into one and go to the handle bar, Ive spun the adjuster to the max and min settings without it working, however when i pull on the cable the choke comes on, the lever works untill the cable moves by riding turning handlebars then doesnt work again,
    what can i do? am i doing something wrong, there is no adjustments at the carb end either.

2. Well I don't know your bike specifically, but it sounds like the cable is stretched.

If there really isn't any adjustment between the lever and the carbies, then you buy a new cable. Check all the way along the cable for any adjustment first, or find a workshop manual for the bike and check it out. There may be some adjustment where the cable spilts from one to two cables.

Or you could pay someone to fix it for you. :grin: