Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

"CHIPS" 99 movie on ch 9 now

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by smee, Jun 25, 2006.

1. For those old enough to remember the days of real tv and not reality shit a remake ofthe tv series Chips featuring motorcycle cops is on channel 9 at the moment.
    Yay for ponch and John.

2. I used to love that show as a kid. :)
  3. So did I! I think that was the reason I first wanted to ride a motorbike! I was only 4 years old. :p
  4. Already watching it...not much work getting done.
  5. Great to see the guys back in action! :grin:
  6. Ponch still corney as ever, acting still crappy as ever John still good lookin as ever LOL
  7. I used to love that show as a kid as well. Unfortunately, "CHiPs 1999" is a dodgy cash-in, with a flimsy storyline and a load of excuses to insert scenes from the original series. Not to mention the constant weak references to how technology had changed.

I couldn't stand it any more. Now watching Rally Queensland on Ch10.
  8. Thr original series is a great show..but only for the Z1000P's in it!
    I nearly bought a Z1000P when I bought the GTR.

Regards, Andrew.
  9. Yeah that was poop. Still, better than poop with no motorcycles.
  10. What was the ticket that ponch kept getting told every 15 mins that it still stood?
  11. Ponch was driving his ute when a speeding car came past him so he took chase.
    the cop who pulled him up wrote him the ticket.
  12. I still love the show. :cool: :cool:
  13. You'd probably be a fan of Emergency and the Rockford Files too?

Regards, Andrew.
  14. Yep.

TV1 on Foxtel ran the first series of Emergency several years ago but never bothered to run anything after that :evil:
  15. The Rockford Files was a great show.

As was Magnum PI.

McCloud, Banachek, Hec Ramsey, MacMillian and wife.

Who remembers Cade's County with Glen Ford?

There used to a very violent USA show in England when I was a kid called Garrison's Gureillas, based on the book and movie The Dirty Dozen.
    They took it off TV eventually because we were trying to placate our Germen brethern after the last war. The lads slaughtered dozens of them in every episode, great stuff! :LOL:
  16. remember Streethawk !!

The mad 80s !
    Where crime fighting involved some kind of vehicle !
    There was KITT, Streethawk, Air Wolf, Blue Thunder, The General Lee . . . . and remember Highway Man with Mark "Jacko" Jackson with that truck that morphed into a helicoptor !! . . . Oi !!! :LOL: