Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

chinese sliders

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by POPEYE, Sep 26, 2011.

1. just bought ebay no cut frame sliders, engine cover sliders, & swingarm sliders for my gixxer600 k9.

just curious anyone had any practical experience with these v locality made ones?

probably should have asked before i bought them but the lot of them cost less than a set of oggy knobs, couldn't resist..

2. Please dont take your K9 to the track..............those things are beautiful bikes. Sliders wont help with the scratching and the chipping.

3. Post some pics.
    I had some chinese ones that did a reasonable job but they were the 'cut' ones.

4. here are the pics.
    (Hope this works!)

already installed the engine sliders & swingarm sliders.

interestly the bolts for engine sliders on the LHS seem alittle long otherwise they both fit.

feels like the bolts are made out of mild steel not alloy, so i am not sure if they will destroy the inner engine casing in the event of a slide.

not sure i want to install the frame sliders though after doing more research on the net. these are no cut ones, yet they are supposed to be mounted to the engine mounts. how, i haven't figureed it out yet.

on the RHS not sure how the bracket is going to fit between the fairing & the engine without cracking it as its very thick.

haha thanks, i know.... i will be selling my baby blade to buy an older 600 / 750 for the track, although its very tempting to get rid of the 600 altogether & get something more road going like a z750 or speed triple....a gsxr750 street fighter would be awesome

Attached Files: