Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Chicken strips

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by hornet, Aug 3, 2005.

1. I think it's about time we had some PHOTOGRAPHIC evidence for these sub-10mm chicken strips we keep reading about, damnit!

2. who me? (note my sig)

3. .... and me, check MY sig!

4. This begs the question... How narrow should one's chicken strips be for one to gain "RESPECK" from one's fellow riders upon turning up at a meet?

Is under 1cm good, or do you need to have them all gone like the brazillians do before anybody will raise an eyebrow?

5. now remember the peace accord marty... :LOL:

6. Hehehehehe, we could start a whole new trend.
    Brazilians for bike tyres!!!

7. I'll show you mine if you show me yours !

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

8. :WStupid: :WStupid:

9. I reckon you'd have to get under 5mm to impress the hard-core biker's that frequent this joint....

10. I may be an idiot (my missus says i am....), but......
    WTF are chicken strips?!
    I assume they're not the Red Rooster variety..... :roll:

11. the easyest and most basic explaination *chicken strips* is the term given to the unworn/scrubed section of your tyres from not leaning the bike into corners etc .

12. Mmmmmm......Chicken..... :roll: :p

13. Under 5mm?

Cool, that's what I'll go for then. *heads for the steelo pads*

:LOL:

14. :shock: 5mm...............has to be 2-3mm.....3 tops :shock: :wink:

Cheers 8)

15. or O :eek: :wink: :twisted:

16. Mine tyre edges are around 10mm, as I indicated above. I think I should do a track day and "go beserk" for a few laps to convince myself that I can lay the bike over further than that without it saying bye byes! Until then, I fear, I shall not qualify for the exalted ones. sigh, mediocrity again
    (having said that, I wonder if thin chicken strips is a factor of being single and young, any comments)??

17. Really the only valid comparison would be the chicken strips of other riders on the same bike and same tyre combination.. Otherwise it's comparing apples to oranges..

But then again, who cares.. so long as the rider is happy at his abilities on the bike he can have 5cm chicken strips for all I care..

Having (in this case) "my d$@ks smaller than yours" arguments are really pretty damn pointless..

Steve.

18. ...yeah but it's not supposed to be serious! {Thinks, :idea: should have started thread in the Jokes and Humour section}

19. exactly :) ,
    i know of another VTR1000 rider who has a totaly different style than myself, yet we ride as hard as each other but he has almost 10mm strips !

Chicken strips dont mean your better or worse, just your style or bike setup etc etc