Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Cheers for the help on the road today..

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by thecptn v1.1, Jul 21, 2013.

1. #1 thecptn v1.1, Jul 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
    Big thanks for the help on the Northern road today, I had snapped off one of the bolts on my oil cover as I was leaking a bit of oil, I was miles and miles away from home, no phone on me, only 15 dollars in cash, and in the middle of no where.

I pushed my bike for at least a one Km, in that time, at least 8 bikes went past, NOT a single one of them stopped and asked if i needed a hand or any thing, hell, even a ute for a local MC wrecker *cough* bike wreck* cough, drove past and didn't ask, so much for comradeship, or so I thought.

A few minutes past, where I noticed a ute did a u-turn, and came towards me, out of fuel? he asked, I explained the situation, and he was happy to help, he had a dirt bike in the back of his ute, we loaded up my bike, and he took me home, a good 20 plus Km back home,turns out he was a rider him self, riding since he was 4, and had loads of bikes, I gave him the last of my 15 bucks for fuel which he was reluctant to take.

Cheers mate, you are a legend, and a scholar, good karma for you.

As for the other riders who didn't help, well, time will tell.
  2. Nice! And nice to hear it acknowledged.
  3. good post...

nice to experience genuine kindness...

4. Yesterday, I had to take my Honda Z50 for it's Pink Slip inspection.

Now, I had been having trouble riding the baby bike, with my hip complaining that it didn't like being used in that way.

Anyhow, off I went, to Castle Hill, got the bike examined, and got the bit of paper.

Heading home, turning on to New Line Road, the engine felt a wee bit fluffy, and my hip, which up until then had been fine, gave me a sharp jolt of pain.

So I pulled over onto the verge, where the engine stopped.

After a bit a standing and stretching, I tried to kick start the beastie, but absolutely no go. Because it was up hill, I couldn't cheat and try bump starting it.

So there I was, stuck.

I was very surprised when a young bloke, driving a VW 4x4 stopped and offered his help, even to "maybe we could lift the bike into the back of his vehicle."

I thanked him profusely, but told him that it was easier for me to call someone set up for carrying motorbikes.

So, having phoned Ghost Rider, and he was on the way to collect me, another 4x4 stopped, this one driven by a very attractive lady, who asked if she could help in any way.

I have to admit that I was very surprised by both offers of help.

GR arrived shortly after, and took me and my baby back home.

Hope I haven't bored you lot too much, but I thought it was very nice to see that some car drivers are really nice people. :)
    • Like Like x 1