Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Checking Stolen/Financed Bike in VIC

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by N1GH7-R1D3R, Aug 21, 2005.

1. Hi Guys,

I've just been to check out a bike this afternoon and it went really well. If all checks out and the right price is negotiated then i could be the proud owner of my first bike VERY soon.

My query is how do i check if the vehicle is stolen/finance oweing etc in VIC as this bike has VIC rego still. In NSW you do a REVS check but i just tried that and it didn't work so i was wondering what the equivalent in VIC is.

Cheers,
    Josh

2. 13 11 71 bus hours

...then follow the prompts

3. call vicroads, they have a similar system where you give them the rego/engine number/make etc and they do a check over the phone, for $11 or something they offer a certificate that proves it isn't stolen or has $$$ owed on it, the simple phone qheck isn't guaranteed but mehh good enough for me.

edit: awww, glitch beat me :p

4. vehicle security registar, see http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au

you can do it online and they'll mail out the certificate for $7

if you do it over the phone it's free without the certificate, but if you get the cert the cops
    cant reclaim the bike if they find out it is stolen later on