Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Check out the size of these!

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by hongyi77, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Ok, now that I got your attention (rather unfairly)...

The recent rain in Brissie meant dragging out my Rjays textile pants, the proper all season ones, not the over-the-gear rain pants. I found them surprisingly comfortable even in the mild summer weather now, more so than my jeans which felt a bit stiff and hot due to the heaviness of the denim and the thick seams. I wear Knox knee armour with my Draggins.

I took the hip foam pads off the textile pants because they are bulky and make my body shape look wierd. Yes yes, I should be more concerned about the protectiveness of pants but hey all the Draggins don't come with them and that's what I usually wear, so not losing protection really.

Anyway, I bought another pair of textile pants (Rjays Evo II this time) and they fit great but the hip pads are MASSIVE!!! Have a look at the size of the ones from the Explorer pants compared to the newer Evo II

So who wears the hip pads in their textile pants? How do you convince yourself? o_O

Attached Files:

2. I have a pair of AMX textile pants with hip pads (similar to the yellow ones) so not too big. I occasionally slip them into my kevlars too, and I have to admit they are visibly noticeable. But I only wear my textiles/kevlars on the bike and change out of them anyways so it doesn't really bother me :p

3. awww title deception