Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Cheapest new bike

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by Mendy, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Hey guys, just wondering what the cheapest bike out there is (new)?
    I'm talking about road bikes, not scooters, trail/dirt or electric.
    Sachs 150 kn is around $1,990 (unregistered). Just thoughts in general, and no "google it instead of asking on the forum" comments, thanx.
    Cheers

2. You're not likely to find anything cheaper than the Sachs.

I've not ridden one, but I have given them a good look over in the showroom. It seems to be a knock off of the Suzuki GS125, which was quite a decent little bike. Quality of finish wasn't bad. Paint, chrome, welding and visible wiring all looked to be on a par with Japanese commuter 125s 20-25 years ago. That is, not brilliant but not staggeringly awful either. Indeed, the welding actually looked better than a lot of older 125s from a certain manufacturer beginning with H.

Don't know about the long term durability or potential problems. There's a lengthy thread on the Sachs in the Bike Reviews section which has opinions from an owner or two.

Personally, if I had the money and was in the market for a small bike, I'd seriously consider one. Low price and a decent warranty cover a multitude of sins on what will, inevitably, be a test passer, time builder or urban commuter.

3. Indeed, google might not be very helpful for specific prices in Australia. Checking the web pages of each manafacturer or calling the dealers might be a better option. :)

No, I'm not going to do that for you. :wink:

4. i saw one of them on the road the other day and thought they looked REALLY GOOD, and was actually surprised to see the badge was Sachs. I always associated Sachs with that wierd/wonderful thing that looks like it should fold down into a briefcase or something. at 1990 + ORC, im not sure you could go past that if you dont need to go above 80km/h. how on earth is the yamaha scorpio gonna sell once word gets out about these things?

5.  Top