Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

cheapest City bike, that does 100km/hr comfortably ???

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by callagga, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Hi,

I'm after a cheap motor bike to get around on in the City.

What do people recommend re one which is:
    * Cheap
    * Reliable
    * Goes 100km/hr on the highways sections ok
    * Can be 2nd hand
    (Part of my question too relates to whether I should consider one of those scooter looking things)

Also what would be a real rough idea of the price for what you suggest (say new & 2nd hand)

2. Kawasaki GPX 250 - No idea on prices for non Vic states. Check bikesales.com.au.
  3. CB250 - only second hand, they're not in production anymore. Expect to pay somewhere between 3k for a decent one to 5k for a mint one... In fact, pretty much any 250cc bike will fit the bill, as will any scooter you could buy brand new for about 4k or less.
  4. Honda spada, kwaka gpx250, kwaka zzr250, honda cb250. All would fit the bill and cruise at 100 easily (maybe the cb250 less so then the others). You should be able to get a good example of any of them for around 3k... I reckon the spada would be the best for a city bike out of all of them...
  5. suzuki across? gives you some room to carry gear
  6. Your only option is a hayabusa.
  7. Honda Goldwing
  8. Sachs madass 125cc :p
  9. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Definitely agree!

But seriously, I'm guessing you're a learner, right? Most 250's will fit the bill with no worries. Also, they're cheaper to register than larger bikes. You could always mod the bejesus out of a 100cc bike and get ultra-cheapo rego and insurance, but i'm guessing thats not what you want.

Surf eBay motors for bikes, that'll give you some idea of prices.

Cheers - boingk
  10. hmm...

if you arent a learner there are plenty of older model 600's around for a few G's.

if you are, go and grab an old gpx. they look the same as the newer ones (shit) but they should still do the trick.

or even an older model imported cb400?