Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Cheap Thermal underlayers

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by I am the Stig..., Aug 8, 2008.

1. For all you chilly riders out there - http://www.torpedo7.com.au/products/DCBYEW8TS – cheap thermal sets for $50 is a bargain. So thanks to our pushbike friends for this one! Think “Skins†will set you back $130 for leggings alone and these will keep you very warm under your riding gear. They also sell tops seperately pretty cheap

My Aldi ones kept me warm under my leathers until my crash (and also while I was lying in the ditch). Worth every cent.

2. Thanks for that find, it seems like a decent price but there are a couple of niggles: one is that the pants don't have a fly which can be a bit of a bother when you're wearing a couple of layers... also, although they are black in pictures at this point they seem to be only available in white, which I think is not a very practical colour and they only come in size L and up so bad luck for those of smaller build.
  3. Got mine from Aldi's a few months ago, compression thermals. Best $29.00 investment ever!
  4. i wear a thermal top when it's cold. wear it on the bike, wear it under normal clothes, hell i've even worn it under a wetsuit for a winter kitesurfing session!

i'm not sure how the cheaper brands go, as i've not tried them, but i bought mine from aussie disposals, and payed about $90 for the top.