Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Cheap Street Tracker - recommendations

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by MelbourneMick, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Can anyone recommend a cheap reliable bike for a Street Tracker Project ?

2. xr600 as its light, plenty powerful enough, cheap for parts and **** all electrics to worry about. plus with a steel tube frame and shit you can just build what you want with it. once you take all the plastics off and remove the airbox its just a frame and engine.

17inch wheels could be easy to find also.

the actual frame geometry makes a great handling bike too and low c of g makes throwing it around just too easy.

i want to build one.
  3. Thanks for the info Jimmy ! Minimal electrics a definite in a bike of this nature. What's the average price tag on those ? I'd like to keep it under $4k for the initial bike to commence the project with.
    Also cheap spares are a must as I want it to be a fun project not an endless money pit
  4. I see the odd older DR-Z 400 inside that budget. Physically a bit small, IMHO, but a great motor and chassis for the money.