Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Cheap prescription glasses

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Silmaril, Apr 4, 2008.

1. http://www.selectspecs.com/main.php

UK company. You enter your prescription details, they make them and ship them over.
    I got a pair for $37AU delivered. Great quality, comes with anti-reflective coating.

However, liking them so much I ordered a pair of prescription sunnies from them as well, the only problem is it's a very light tint, not as dark as I would like.

2. Well, what would you expect from the Land of the Long Grey Cloud, where the sun is but a distant legend :grin: ?
  3. Nice. I don't wear glasses, but I know lots of people who do and they are always bitching about the costs involved.
  4. my last pair of esprit prescription glasses cost me $80 in total.

private health cover is awesome.
  5. Yes, I used to have private health insurance. Was good, basically got a free pair of glasses per year.

Now I don't have it, this shop saves me $$$. :grin:
  6. hey Silmaril,

FYI if you're on a lookout for a cheap (but good pair) locally, try the paris miki outlets. They've got "affordable" glasses compared to OPSM etc. Otherwise the UK site sounds pretty awesome
  7. Thanks for the tip, forked out 500 for my last pair and I rarely use them :(