Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Cheap oil filters?

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by woodsy109, Dec 14, 2007.

1. Where can I get reasonably priced oil filters? My local honda dealer likes to **** me everytime I go in there ($70 for filter another $30 for oil). Does anyone know where I can get them cheaper, possibly online?

I would prefer if you can recommend only places you have used or have been recommended to you. I can use google but would like some feedback from real customers.

2. I pay like $15 for mine from dealer, Hifiltro brand, OEM is probably a lot more

3. +1

4. Are you sure you've got your prices around the right way?

5. Ahh yeah. Although I might have underestimated the oil cost cause it was about 6mths ago. The filter was certainly $70 though as that is something I can't forget :LOL:

So people buy through their dealers eh? Might have to specify OEM and see if that makes some difference.

6. hifiltro brand here too. Hard to find one over $20.

You can get em from supercheap too but other than that any bike shop that sells new parts.

7. Honda OEM oil filters for CBR, VFR etc are $20- $25 from Peter Stevens. Air filters are more like the $70 quoted.

8. Are you sure its $70 for a oil filter? Thats way to high it must be a mistake

9. i think you misunderstood the guy. maybe $17
    normaly oem are around $20-25 but ask for generic brand. you can easily get them for under $15 bucks

10. I got a chrome K & N on Friday for $26

11. Seems i've been bent over and taken for a ride :LOL:

It WAS $70 and the first oil filter I have purchased for any bike.
    Won't be going back there again, which won't be too much of a problem cause they give crap service as well.