Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

cheap gear

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by josh_1988, Oct 3, 2007.

1. ive been workin my way towards a bike been organsing financing and stuff and along the way picked up some good bargains on bike gear.
    got some boots from aldi for only 60 dollars and they r good quailty, anyone else own these? my dad liked them so much he got a pair to, and i picked up some gloves off ebay for only $30 after i tried the exact same pair on in a shop that day and they marked at $60, they are alpine stars, ive saved a few hundred dollars already, pretty happy with the way its goin so far :)

2. Sounds good mate, just keep in mind that one of the places that you do not want to skimp on is protection. Not saying cheap isn't bad but make sure you're happy with the level of protection that you will be getting. My rule is that I buy the highest level of protection that i can afford and would consistently wear [within reason].. this doesn't mean that I would buy the most expensive gear..

But on the other side, cheap gear is a million times better than no gear, so kudos for heading in the right direction mate :grin:
  3. well when i heard about the boots at aldi i almost shrugged the idea off immediatly cause its from a supermarket.... lol, but i was down there one week and there was a pair left and i just checked em out and the protction they offered was better than other boots i seen in bike shops and they were comfy, i dont mind the look of them either and i mean its 60 bucks.... as opposed to 400 or so. the gloves have knuckle protection and the basics. in winter i would probly purchase some heavy duty ones but for now they are great.

i definatly wont be one of these crazy blokes ridin around in a singlet and boardshorts