Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Cheap Ebay Ignition/tank lid/seat lock set... any good?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by ReniDze1, May 17, 2016.

1. Hey guys,

My 2006, VTR250 was recently stolen and found (unbelievable). They smashed up all the locks (ignition, fuel and seat) so i'm after a completley new set. I haven't had the best luck from wreckers yet - Been quoted some astronomically high figures (told em they're dreaming!)
    Anyway- I've naturally browsed ebay and found them for 40 or so bucks for the set from china. I know it's going to be garbage compared to an original part but i'm wondering if it still does the trick.

Has anyone had any experience with these cheap Chinese lock sets? Do they even work!!!

A link for my specific example. Ignition Switch Gas Cap Cover Seat Lock Key Set fits Honda VTR250 MC33 1998-2007

2. For the price I would give it a go it's only 50 odd bucks down the drain if it turns shit.
    • Agree Agree x 2