Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Cheap compressor for bikes ...

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by MikeSuthy, Jan 6, 2008.

1. I went down to Autobarn today to get me a tubeless tyre repair kit ... found a "Slime" repair kit with the reamer, special inserting tool, glue, and plugs all for a good price ... then I had a look at their range of 12V compressors.

I found this unit for $15 ... off the shelf it is too large to fit into any tool box on your typical bike ...

But take it out of the plastic case and you have a very compact compressor unit ...

I snipped off the ciggy plug and put on some crock clips (and a 15A inline fuse) ... wrapped it up in a cloth and stored it in the tool box of the bike ... ready for that rainy day :roll: !!!

2. This probably belongs in Reviews. It's a great idea. Just hope you have something to wrap it in after use - it will get quite hot.

Also watch that fingers don't contact the crank and con rod thrashing around in the open. ;-)

Trevor G
  3. That explains what happened to my tongue :p

Kids don't try this at home !!

MODS, I agree ... should be under product reviews, maintenance, or something ... move as you wish.