Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Cheap but Good Kevlar Jeans

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by PatB, Feb 3, 2012.

1. I dropped in here yesterday and discovered that they're clearing their remaining stock of kevlar jeans at $37ish a pop.

I've been wearing a black pair for office work for the last 3 and a bit years and they've been excellent. They're still perfectly wearable but are a bit too faded and frayed around the ankles for business wear. I haven't crashed in mine, but eyeballing them I'd say that they're a better design than Draggins, with the kevlar overlapping the seams in the denim, rather than the edges coinciding, creating a weak spot.

They're not as good, IMHO, as Takamii's offerings. Paying full price, I'd go with T's anyday. But at $37 a go? I bought two pairs, which should keep me in commuting gear until past my 50th :D.

2. nuthin on the site tho, must off the shelf stuff only?
  3. Might be worth giving them a ring. The jeans were listed at full price on their site a few days ago but might have been taken down 'cos they're clearing their stock. I dunno. Seems unlikely they'd have sold out completely since yesterday arvo.

Edit: Just had another look at their site. What I remember seeing from a coupla days ago were these. I assume these are the replacement for the kevlar jobs. They appear good value but not having actually seen a pair, I can't really comment meaningfully.

Yes, it looks like if you want the kevlars, you'll have to ring them to see what they've got left.