Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Cheap bike covers

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by jd, Dec 27, 2010.

1. In case anyone missed the catalogue Supercheap Auto have marked down their bike covers for the post-christmas sale (ends on the 31st). Can't remember what the saving was on their "deluxe" covers but the standard covers are half-price. Three sizes are available; <500cc, 750-1000cc and 1000-1500cc. Don't know if states other than Victoria have the same sale or not though.

Picked up one of the standard covers for the 750 today and for 20 bucks it seems a good buy, though it does make you realise how much of a profit margin are on these things the rest of the year (reckon it's probably worth $10 at most). I only bought one to keep the dust off the bike whilst it's parked in the shed, and for that purpose I reckon it'll last quite some time, not sure if I'd trust it for long-term exposure to the sun/weather though (but then I wouldn't trust any bike cover for that). The recommended sizes seem to be fairly spot on as the 750-1000cc model easily fit my 750.
  2. Cheers for that, I had a supercheap auto cover for my 250 a couple of year ago and its much better quality than those cheap thin 2 tone ebay ones going for about the same price.
  3. Over here in WA the sun will eat even a "quality" bike cover in less than a year of regular use. I just buy cheapies and change them when they get too raggy.

SC must have revised their sizing 'cos the one I use on the DR (a physically small bike) is IIRC the 750-1000 one and only just fits.