Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Charity Ride for Canteen - Sunday 20th

Discussion in 'VIC' at netrider.net.au started by Mouth, Feb 16, 2005.

1. Fancy a ride to Puckapunyal Army Base with a young pillion? Want to help out one of Australia's most loved charities - Canteen? Don't have any plans for this Sunday (20th Feb)? Then we have just the event for you ....

https://netrider.net.au/calendar/?action=details&id=224

CanTeen, The Australian Organisation for Young People Living with cancer, is a national support organisation for young people (aged 12-24) living with cancer.

It's a great and satisfying day out for both rider and pillion. One of the few events each year to be a great ambassador for motorcyclists, as well as giving you that warm fuzzy feeling for doing something truly worthwhile.

2. What's the deal with the pillions getting gear??

My personal policy is that all of my pillions has to have the full kit or its a no go. I don't have all a full set of gear for a pillion, also the issue of my spare gear being the correct size.

3. from memory they need to do police checks etc etc if you wish to take a pillion, and i believe those who have gone through the process before will need to do it again.
    Canteen rides are great and the kids love them but if you wish to pillion one then get the process going now.

4. Yep I just got a reply from the contact in the calender and its too late to complete a police check so I'm going to have to wait for next year.

Also aparently the riders supply all the gear for the pillion they are taking as well so to strikes against my name. I'll have to hurry up and get that Tiger Angel suit.

5. Fortunately, they also have enough numbers .. "fifty riders and forty pillians"