Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Charity ride. 7 May. SW Sydney

Discussion in 'NSW' at netrider.net.au started by lukestuart1, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Hi Everyone.

Just a bit of background information.
    My Mum works in a preschool that supports predominately disabled children.

There is a charity ride being run for one of the girls that my Mum supports and it would be great if we could get a big turnout to raise money for her and her family.

Below is the flyer with all the details on it:
    [​IMG]

Plan for the day:
    Leaving from Childs rd, Chipping Norton,
    1st stop Appin, then down along Picton rd, across towards Wallacia to Warragamba dam lookout for a BBQ lunch.
    Then back to Childs rd hopefully for an auction

For more information, please have a look at the Facebook group:
    https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_167869186590481

If you are able to make it, please let either me or one of the contact numbers above know.

Please help us all support Jordan and her family :biker:

2. Just a bit of information for those that dont have Facebook:

Jordan's Story

Jordan Rowe is a ten year old girl with Multiple severe disabilities. Jordan suffers from a very rare condition called Odho syndrome and Pierre Robin Syndrome. In October 2009 the Department of education ceased their provision of a school transportation service to this child. After Numerous appeals, lobbying of various govt Departments and MP's and the story being aired on channel 7 news in early 2010, this issue is still not resolved.

They insist that her mother does not meet the criteria "inability to transport child" as she has a wheelchair accessible vehicle. Veronica has two younger children also but they will not entertain the notion that it is actually physically impossible to get three children to three different locations at the same time.

With Jordan no longer being collected at 7.30am, she often requires sometimes not one but two changes of clothes due to her disabilities and being tube fed in the mornings. As a result she is getting to school at 9.15am and is missing out on valuable and necessary morning therapy programmes which begin at 8.30am.

As a mother of a disabled child myself I am appalled and disgusted at the Dept cutting off of the service to one who so deperately needs it, as many others obtain this service somewhat questionably I think. Veronica cannot do any more and has tried all avenues.

This group has been set up to fund Private transportation to the family. It is subsidised to a degree by Taxi Transport vouchers however, the unfunded portion is some $6000 for the year. Our goal is to raise $3000 to at least assist in funding the morning transport for Jordan.

Please help this child to get to her necessary therapy programmes and ease the burden on this family.

Your donations can be made over the counter at any Commonwealth (CBA) branch or online to Name: Jordan Louise Rowe

BSB : 062 185
    Acct : 10527330

We will make regular posts about how we are doing with this target.

Please help - A tenner from 300 people will see this goal reached !

3. where is the ride going to?

4. Good questions.

Leaving from Childs rd, Chipping Norton,
    1st stop Appin, then down along Picton rd, across towards Wallacia to Warragamba dam lookout for a BBQ lunch.
    Then back to Childs rd hopefully for an auction

5. not a bad run, hopefully get a bike by then

6. Im in fela happy to support a good cause.

7. Cheers goz and trent112

Just a reminder that this is less than 2 weeks away now, so if you are free please come along and support this disadvantaged family

-Luke

8. man I really want to go to this ride, ill even break my no Saturday ride fear.........for a great cause!

9. Good to hear AnzCruiser.

Ill post final details closer to the date

10. Put me down for it too mate. Well done.

Mick

11. Hi guys.

I found a bit more information about Saturday's ride.

The meeting spot is at 32 Childs Road Chipping Norton, 2170.
    Not too sure what time i will be getting there, but im guessing it will be around 9-9.30ish.
    Think there will be a BBQ breakfast there if anyone wants(not included in $20 donation)
    As for lunch there will be a BBQ at Warragamba dam which will also be ontop of the $20 donation for the ride.

There will also be shirts available to purchase on the day.

The forecase for Saturday says possible showers, so lets start praying to the weather Gods.

So come along and support this great cause.

Any questions dont hesitate to ask.

Cheers

12. Not sure on being there for the ride (maybe might rockup at the lunch) pending.
    But will donate to the cause via online.

All the best with it all!
    (what a joke these gov.Dept jugheads are)

Cheers.

13. Thank you so much Bax.

[​IMG]

14. sory luke cant make it tomorow but i will still donate money.

15. Thank you Trent

16. Are they gona have another ride ever ?

17. Im not sure, but if they do i will post back up

18. Same boat as Trent. Id still want to help out, can I send the money?

I actually forgot mothers day when I said yes 8-[, turns out im gonna be doing something special today and tomorrow.

19. no problem Azn.
    As for donations,
    Your donations can be made over the counter at any Commonwealth (CBA) branch or online to
    Name: Jordan Louise Rowe
    BSB : 062 185
    Acct : 10527330

Thanks to everyone for their support.
    The ride was today and there were around 40-50 people

20. Done and sent, im with CBA too so it should reach there pretty quickly.