Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

charging circuit of GT650R

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by coasta007, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Hello again.

just a question about the charging circuit on the GT650R. i checked some voltages after having the battery on charge and trickle charge for over 24 hours, and this is what im getting.

Bike off - 12.88v
    Ignition on (Low beam on) - 12.48v
    bike running (Idling) - starts off at 13v and slowly gets up to 13.55v
    Bike running (rev at 5000rpm) - 13.55v

it seem like there is no icrease in volts to the battery from idling to being reved.

i thought it was meant to go above 14v.

Would the modification to the charging circuit fix this?

Any help and suggestions appreciated.
  2. With no load 12.88 volts tends to indicate a good state of charge on the battery. Approximately 95% charge. 13.55 volts at fast rev charge is a little low. Generally this should between 13.8 - 14.4 volts.

Are you having problems with the bike going flat?
  3. Yes i did read that post. i want to buy a better stator but the electrosport store they are talking about is in the USA.

Is there anywhere in Australia i can buy a decent stator? something new would be preferred but i may have to go to bike wreckers.

From what i've been reading, a 95model Ninja EX250 stator is the way to go.

4. I don't know where you live but a bloke down Gosford way was rewinding them properly for sensible money...
  5. a mate of mine lives at woy woy so he could take it to him. I live in wollongong.

i guess the rewired one would be much better than the standard hyosung ones?

If you could PM me his address, that would be great.

6. Yep, much better. Image mcycles at Gosford put me on to him. I'll take a look but might have better luck calling them.

I've got a burnt out one if you need a core.
  7. thanks. i'll give them a call. i might take you up on that offer. i wonder if a weak stator will cause the stuttering and cutting out?

im getting that fuel issue back. bloody hell.

i wonder if that stuttering and cutting out issue is electrical. bloody shitbox
  8. yeh i downloaded the manual earlier this week.

I've partially taken the carbies apart to check and clean them. When i took the carbies off, the front carby wasnt even in the rubber part underneath it. The clamp was done up tight but the flange of the carby wasn't in there. I'll give them a good clean tomorrow and see how that goes.

9. Well how did it go?

EDIT: As you were I just found your other thread ;)
  10. i'll keep the other post updated as this one is due to charging issues.
  11. Hi all,

I thought i'd fix my charging circuit up yesterday while the weather wasn't too good. I ran a positive and negative directly from the regulator to the battery (through a 30amp fuse) and now when the bike is on, i'm getting 14.8volts at the battery. The lights are noticably brighter too. Dont know if the bike will get a stronger spark. doubt it will though.

The voltage went up 1.25v from 13.55v to 14.8v whilst the bike is on. That improvement is with the standard stator and regulatorl. I'll go the mosfet type regulator once this one stuffs up. I dont see a point in doing it yet.
    • Like Like x 1