Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Chani had a bingle...

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by chani, Nov 20, 2006.

1. First of, sorry I didn't make it out to meet everyone the other day. I got drawn to the spa & my phone battery died.

Anyway. I rode out to Cranbourne on Saturday, got there fine (speedo is twenty ks out!!!)

Was coming home yesterday. & was so proud of myself for merging from the Westgate onto the Bolte on ramp & getting around that corner.

I was literally a five minute walk from my house, just on the corner of Smithfield & Racecourse Rd, when all of a sudden the three cars in front of me slammed their brakes on. I grabed the back break & the whole time I could see the car getting closer & closer, my back wheel started fishtailing, the entire time the only thing going through my head was "Grab the front break, grab the front break". My hands refused to co-operate & I hit the back left tail light of the car in front.

Damage so far to my poor baby appears to only be the right fairing & head light... But I haven't had it checked yet.

I was crying when I hit the car & the lady I hit was not nice at all. She did not ask me if I was ok, even though clearly I wasn't. She just demanded to see my licence to take my details. She left the accident within about ten minutes. & refused to give me her details.

Spent two hours after it crying, like the girl I am!!

But I would like to say thank you to the lovely rider that stopped & got me out of my helmet, sat me down & surveyed the damage. & then RODE my bike home for me. If you are a NR by chance, I'd like to buy you a drink.

& to the lovely man driving his car behind me, that got all of the other ladies details & drove me home & drove the above guy back to his bike, thank you as well.

I've called Swann, my excess if going to be $1400. They suggested that I get quotes & most likely not bother going through them. Luckily I know two panel beaters who will fix the green paint on the car & the headlight. & a long time friend of my family is a bike mechanic for Peter Stevens, so I'll get a home quote & a store quote from him to get the ball rolling.

I am lead to believe the lady was uninsured & unlicenced. As I had a phone call from someone that was not from an insurance company this morning on behalf of the lady. But who knows.

I'm just glad I didn't have to test my gear, as I stayed upright. But my boots will keep me protected, I gave the bluestones a fair kick when I realised what I'd done.

That & my ego got a fair beating... As well as my poor Liver last night.