Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW Changing State registration

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by CB650, Nov 12, 2015.

  1. OK. I've bought an awesome Cafe Racer Honda CB650 from QLD and need to cancel the registration from the QLD owner to me in NSW. What I didn't realise is that I need to cancel the registration and re-register in NSW. So that means going to blue slip then pink slip. So I have this modifications done which won't pass the blue slip. So there are a few changes that need to be made to get this done which infact defeats the purpose of this.

    So I'm hoping someone could give advice or a shop that would pass the blue slip so I can register in NSW. Help please!

    My backup is getting my brother whom lives in QLD to get it registered and the transfer is easy but I want to do this as a last resort.
  2. Where do u live
  3. sydney, Inner West.
  4. get it engineered with the modifications?

    or it is not roadworthy with the mods?
  5. It's roadworthy but some of the modifications wouldn't pass blue slip requirements.
  6. blue slip is a roadworthy check + ID check though?
    can't cost much to get it gingerbeered to be legal and never have to worry again :)
  7. You should be able to transfer the existing registration? I've done it the other way from NSW to QLD ..
  8. I took it into the shop for a checkup and the shop said that there was quite a few things that would pass. The front fender needed to be installed, i may be sitting too close to the engine, the number plate was legal as it was on one side near the rear wheel.....I need to shop around I think to get a blue slip.
  9. do what everyone else does.. put on parts to make it legally roadworthy for the blue/pink slip every year, and take them off when you ride home ;)
    then put them on again when you get defected.. then take them off when you ride home :D

    you can't blame a shop for not wanting to put their name against an unroadworthy bike...
  10. If u want to come up to the central coast my guy is way lenient on pink and blue slips . Especially if I'm there
  11. Hmmm, I like that idea! How can I PM you for details? I'm only new here!
  12. You need to wait until your account upgrades to Member status. If basejumperbasejumper PM's you you will be able to reply in the mean time.