Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Changing my visor

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by methanol, Nov 28, 2004.

1. Hey there,

I've got a Shoei TZ-1 helmet and was wondering how to take off the visor? Looks simple enogh, but I thought I'd ask someone experienced with the same or similar helmet before I try myself and break it... Thanks

2. I have an XR-1000 Shoei.

Now, what you do is lift the visior up fully and you will see a plastic circle thingy with a spring that holds the visor in place. Pull that back and it loosens the visor. Should come off with a bit of manouvering.

Just play around with it and you will understand what I mean.

Quite frankly, I am the last person to answer stuff like this cause I can't explain it properly. I need a whiteboard so I can draw pictures. It's 4.30am dammit!!!!

But the TZ-1 was my choice before I tried on the XR-1000. Great helmet I finks.

I think someone will reply with proper explanation, I'm just trying to bank up post points. There's a Championship belt up for grabs you know.

All the best!!

YOUR ZZR250 PUP.