Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Changing locks?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by undii, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Hi, just have a quick question. Anyone know the ball park figure for changing door locks. Theres 2 locks that are in question. Had a bit of a domestic tonight, went to ask the (ex) housemate why he hasn't done anything with regards to cleaning/upkeep of the house in exchange for reduced rent and things just spiraled into, he is moving out by this weekend and an agreement of his "unused" advance rent to be returned minus cost of locks changed so just seeing what figure I'm looking at to work with :) Bit worked up at moment, up to the point I wouldn't be able to use google to search for this..

2. How long is a piece of string?

There are various types of door locks in use today.
    The most common one is a C4, they cost bugger all to rekey.

If you want high security, consider a disk type of lock. They are almost unpickable.

Too many variables to say bud.
  3. $15 each from Kmart.

Then keep the used knobs in an old sock if he gets through the Kmart specials.
  4. IF????????????

You mean WHEN!!!

Your locks are only as good as your door jams. That actually translates to fcuken useless.
  5. i did it recently and it cost $20ish. if you're good with your hands its cheap. i only bought a new key hole and replaced the old one leaving the same lock on the door.

if you have to buy a whole new system it will cost u about $80 each deadlock. thats in sydney if you shop at bunnings.

cheers and good luck.
  6. Cheers for the replies. I'm definitely in "you're stuffed mate, sleep for you now in 30 seconds" mode just kicked in, so probably last post b4 I go to sleep..

Twhanks (thanks muffled from sleep induced umm coma ;) ) Doing the "open one eye" trick so I can see the laptop screen etc.. And I'm serious.. Hmmm, 2 eyes closed are coming on.. heh

I guess I will look at the door knobs after I wake up! Thanks and geez, every second or every word I have to retype.. ZZzzZ for me!
  7. If you have a Security door, just change that if he /she busts that then a visit form Mr Plod is in order.