Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Changing indicator switch.

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Servicing' started by Casabonka, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Hi all,
    Only posted in this forum a couple of times.

Long story short, I have a 2006 hyosung gt250, and after checking the wires are getting power, I've ordered a whole new switch after the bike decided i can turn right, just not left!

Should this be a pretty easy straight swap? I'm just a bit worried with the choke so near. Any comments would be appreciated!
  2. What's the choke got to do with it?!
  3. well for starts i would check fuse's before you even try to change it over
  4. i think he means that the choke is attached to the same unit that he is replacing
  5. checked the bulbs too Im assuming..
  6. I'd be worried about the choke too - if it's made to the same standard as the indicator switch.
  7. Yep, fuses all good, the wires are getting we're, it's just the switch which is loose.
    The choke assembly is hard up against the switch with all the cables running through the housing.
  8. buy a honda
  9. So as your taking it apart, make lots of notes or take lots of pictures ...re assembly is usually the reverse of taking it apart.
  10. With a bit of added swearing:D
  11. Haha, lots of swearing will be a must!
    Hoping to get the part today and will tackle tonight!
  12. well good luck there normal there is a lot more swearing then anything esla