Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Changing headlight bulb - '96 CBR250RR

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by devonuto, Jul 20, 2005.

1. G'day,

I've had my right hand side headlight bulb blow out on my CBR but have had a bit of trouble getting the bulb out as all the wires from the ignition system etc are blocking it. I'm a bit hesitant to go unplugging wires in case I can't sort out where they plug back in (I'm a bit dodgy with electrics, mechanicals no problem).

I was just wondering if someone on this forum may have some instructions on how to do this, or maybe some scanned pages out of a service manual.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. If mechanics aren't a problem, this shouldn't be then...
    Apart from the indicators, each plug-socket connection is unique in shape/ size. You can't mix 'em up.
    You might have to remove dash-panel/ nosecone/ radiator-shroud plastics to be able to get onto the back of the headlight though...
    all bikes are different.
  3. Yeah, that's what I was afraid of, I didn't want to go pulling the front apart as I have limited time to do it while there is still daylight.

If the plugs are all different though it might be ok. I haven't really had a good go at it as yet. Only tried the once when it first blew, but couldn't manouvre the wires out of the way enough to get the globe out... basically I was just looking for an easy explanation that involved little work.