Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Changing front brake pads.

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by The Phoenix, Sep 8, 2007.

1. I need to change the front brake pads. Which brand should I use? Are some brands better than others, or they all pretty much the same? Is it difficult to do myself, or should I leave it for the service. Any other tips and tricks to make life a little easier when I attempt this. Thanks. :wink:

Ps this will be my first attempt at changing brake pads.....ever.:shock:

2. It is really easy

Follow what the Honda manual says

If your changing pads you should change/bleed the brake fluid too. That is a bit more tricky and you should do some research before you attempt it.

The standard honda pads are good, I just put Galfer HH sintered pads in after some recommendations and research. The aftermarket pads are generally cheaper than Honda ones.

So read the Honda manual. You can change the pads in about 20 minutes once you figure out how they sit in the calipers.

Cheers,

Rob

3. I have read a few brake fluid bleed/change disaster stories. So I think I’ll leave that for the service, till I get a bit more handy with the maintenance.