Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Changing earplugs on b2b headset

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by katcando, May 19, 2011.

1. I have a set of Scala Rider G4 bike to bike headsets and I love it, however I have a problem with the earphones being extreamly uncomfortable being pushed against my ear. I've been advised by the head office (because I did a little work for the company at GP) that I can have an audio installer cut the earplugs off and install a full duplex jack, then I can use my noise cancelling earbuds or change to something more comfortable. I dont want to simply mount the existing earphone into the foam in my helmet as Im hearing impaired and helmet noise just compleatly stuffs me up, regardless of how loud the thing is.

Now the problem is finding someone who can do it. Ive called and visited electronic installation guys and none really seem to know whether they can really do the job or not. Can someone recomend anywhere around the melbourne area?

(did a search on netrider, came up with nothing)

2. I can do it, drop them into work & I will help you out.

I am going to do the same things with mine at some point...

I'll PM you the details.
  3. Thanks so much, you wouldnt believe how many *stoopid little woman* looks Ive delt with today :D
  4. It's not exactly a common thing, even though it is just a common sense wiring thing...