Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

changing brake/clutch levers + mud guard: ok for novice to do?

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by daedalus, Dec 22, 2009.

1. i dont know much about servicing bikes, so far have only changed the oil myself.

i have a full set of tools though

is it recommended I change the levers and mud guard myself?

2. Yeah, do it, there's not much that can go wrong! Just take note of how everything comes apart, & put it back together in the reverse order.

Easy peesy!

3. +1 - easy. Just remember where and how the cables attach to the levers. Mudguard will be a piece of piss.

4. I've replaced my clutch lever before, it wasn't that bad (except for the fact that the pivot bolt was snapped and the thread was stuck with the nut). Not sure if it's on your bike but just make sure you watch out for this little plastic button sorta thing because you don't want that to break.

Google or youtube up a few clips, there might be a few a few around that can help you visualise what you need to do. Not sure about how easy the brake one is.

5.  Top
  6. I had more trouble changing the oil then putting on new levers :p