Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Changing bars

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by spongesam, Feb 22, 2008.

1. So while i'm recovering from wisdom tooth rippage-outage... i'm in the garage changing the bars on my bike....

Sorted out most things and start to fit my new bars on... then, i notice, there's nothing for the end caps to screw back into.

Interesting. But understandable I thought, as not every set of bars is exactly the same.

But my question now is... how do I go about obtaining said end caps? Is there parts that can be welded/glued/bluetak'd in there and then the end cap bolted on?
    Are there fitted end caps like on a BMX that don't require bolts?

2. The ones on my cibbie have a rubber tube with a bolt through it, with the head on the end of the cap. As the bolt is tightened, the rubber tube is compressed along it's length which causes it to expand outwards and kinda cams into the bars.
  3. I figured you can get such a device.

I got 1" bars. And hopefully don't plan on riding barendless for too long!

I imagine a harley shop might be able to assist considering they are 1" bars.
  4. The original ones should still be in your old bars ??
  5. you're talking about the end weights.

Are your new bars a different width to the old bars?

You can buy 'self fitting' new bar ends from aus street fighters

you tell them what size your bars are & they send the right ends for those bars.
  6. Blue, the old ones, bolted 'into' the bars... ie: there was a threat inside the old bar.

Bars are both 1" thickness (assuming this is what you meant by width), but are different shape/slightly different width.

I've emailed ausf, but hopefully there's a bit more range to checkout from other places. I shall be surfing for more.
  7. yes sorry I meant thickness.

are they thicker or thinner than you old bars?
  8. but as noted earlier, there is a threat inside my stock bars that the caps bolted into. I know the caps I need though now, so I think I should be right.. Possibly have found some though :)

see this http://www.zpower.com.au/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/613_1605/products_id/1363

but hoping for slightly more range. Although the smooth black ones take my fancy :)
  9. just to to a bike shop and ask for bar ends, most will be universal