Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW Change to greenslip prices?

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by zx9er, Mar 19, 2013.

1. #1 zx9er, Mar 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2013
    Hi,

Last time I checked rego in nsw for motorbikes was a flat rate and greenslips prices depend on the cc's. Is this still the case? Based on rego being cheaper for under 720cc's I'm thinking my next road bike will be a 600 even though I have my full licence.

Is there any rumours that this will change in the future? I'd hate to spend my hard earned only to discover that rates change and I could have had a 750 for the same price.

2. #2 hornet, Mar 19, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
    {Thread moved to Politics, Laws, Government and Insurance Forum}

hmm, I have my renewal sitting here, $315 for a 750, I'm sure that's about the same as what I paid a couple of years ago for the 600 Hornet......

3. Well my renewal was about $278 for exactly the same 600 Hornet, so a little bit of difference, but not a bank breaking one.

4. Allowing for the cost to have gone up a bit in a year, yes.

5. Just got a Green for ye olde ZR550 at $175 from Insure My Ride. $100 cheaper than the slip NRMA sent me out for renewal.