Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

change of rides Johnny?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by roundabout, Feb 11, 2005.

1. what's that motard like? always thought they would be pretty nice to ride

2. Not really a fan of Motards, they look trick but a bike with long travel suspension does not make a good handling street bike; too much pitching (weight transfer). SuperMotard = Not good on the dirt, not good on the street but can do both ok)

3. I'm gunna turn the Sachs 650 into a streetfighter; MX h/bars, small twin enduro type headlights, longer rear shocks to jack the back up for more ground clearance and steepen the head-stem angle for faster steering. It'll be an 'urban commando'!

4. sounds like an evil bike, not that i know what it looks like to start with.

you doing all this in-house?

5. Something like this :)

6. And this looks like it would be great fun :)

7. Yep, that's the bike, that styling is not my cup of tea but it is so awesome to ride; a Streetfighter look will make it look a little more aggressive I think.

8. you doing all this in-house?

[/quote]

I'll do the mods myself, out of my own pocket just because I think the idea has great potential.

9. Looks cool (I guess if you're into such bikes) but again, where are you going to use it? Alice Springs & back? Put knobbies on it and let's get it on the dirt roads.... yee ha :D

10. I'd take it to my favorite set of twistes (Mount Hwy) and see how many sports bike rider's I could scare :twisted:

Of course it would also be pretty awsome off-road with some knobbies, either way it would be a hoot 8)

11. I remember when I was young, I used to take my Suz PE175 enduro bike to the Kew Boulevard and smoke all the streetbikes :) Horses for courses so they say.

12. so has the benelli been sold?

13. The TNT has gone to AMCN for testing :-( and the Tornado is going to A1 Motorcycles in Brighton to be used as their demo for a little while :-(

So I just move the trade plates onto something else :)

14. i guess you have to take the good with the bad (not that i am saying the sachs + motard are bad, but man that bike was nice)

15. At least you've still got the track bike :)

16. I've got an ad in today's AMCN clasifieds looking for a Superbike ride, god! I gotta win that World title before I'm 50 :shock:

17. good luck, lets hope you get something and team netrider has someone to support that they know/ride with

18. How about winning one John :wink: :D :D

19. If I have the right team behind me I can :wink: