Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Champion's Ride Day Broadford 31st January 2009

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by G, Feb 1, 2009.

1. About two months ago after a PI track day, I had fairly significant and productive suspension modifications made by S W Racing. After realising that he would be attending a number of sessions there (at Broadford), the fact that I had recently returned from a trip to Tasmania and I could join a group of 21 other riders, I decided to do my fourth track day with Champs.
    For the first time (that I'd noticed), he offered a service whereby you pay approximately $100 or 110 to "try out an rear Ohlin's suspension". i.e. he installs it in your bike for the duration of the track day.
    In terms of Champs; I've noticed that the operations have improved over the last few years and it runs very smoothly and professionally.
    Interestingly, in the rider's briefing they asked that if a rider does "have an off", not to remove the keys from the ignition. Apparently, this had occurred and it makes it difficult to load a bike onto a trailer with the steering locked.
    Much like most of the preceding week, the temperature started at about 35 degrees and quickly rose to 44 in the shade, so it was a day to be sensible about hydration.
    Having ridden PI on numerous occasions, I like Broadford because of the short distances between corners.
    There are no pictures, but I can say I had a great day and look forward to going back there again. :)

2. Hey G, did you stick around till the end of the day on Saturday? Heaps of people left during or at the end of the 4th session, just as a cool change was coming through. The last two sessions were much more comfortable than earlier in the day.

I got a couple of pics of the fast group, but I'm not sure how good they are. Will try to get them up soon.

I think PI is a nicer ride, but as a contractor who doesn't get paid leave, weekend track days are much better for the wallet. This was my first time at Broadford, and I agree that it is a fun track.
  3. Pleiades,
    Glad to hear you too enjoyed yourself.
    I decided to leave after lunch as I had had my best sessions that day, was very happy with the suspension tweaks and was waivering as to whether to stay.
    It became apparent that there had been a cool change once we'd hit the freeway. Drats!
    Looking forward to more track days at Broadford. :grin: