Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Chain & sprocket vendors

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by superg, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Hi All,

just wondering where are some good places to buy a chain and sprocket set from? Are there any places with good deals? thanks.

2. I recently did mine. Searched on fleabay and online stores.

Ended up getting them for about $10 more expensive from the dealership and could pick them up right there and then.
  3. again, be cautious: fakery does not spare motorcycle chains and sprockets either! Make sure you get it from a reputable source. Saving $20-30 bucks and potentially placing yourself into danger is not worth it. D.I.D. chains have been know to be fake especially bought off eBay.

Otherwise, I have found D.I.D. the best. Tends to last longer than the next best thing and many manufacturers use these as OEM these days.

Oh and it is almost always recommended to change the front sprocket with the chain together. Don't just change the chain itself.
    • Informative Informative x 2
  4. I'm a fan of Chain Gang sprockets. D.I.D. is my choice of chains. Neither are cheap. You get what you pay for.

I've had cheap sprockets that I've thrown away due to their being eccentric (not real round) and/or made of inferior metal which wasn't going to last. - often the two go together, and if picked up early, you might be able to change the sprockets, keep the chain before it becomes damaged. Worn sprockets kill chains. Worn chains kill sprockets. Best to replace whole sets.

Look after them - with correct tension and lubrication, they can last a very long time.
  5. I tried to ring 'Chain Gang' today; however, their number is not connected. Recheck the number with the online white pages, but the contact has been removed.
  6. Replaced my OEM chain with a D.I.D. and a Tyga rear sprocket, would have liked a SuperProx but they didn't have the size I was after, and the front sprocket with a new OEM one.
  7. Cool, sounds like DID are the go for chains and ill order from someone reputable