Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

chain problem

Discussion in 'Jokes and Humour' at netrider.net.au started by slammer, Apr 9, 2006.

1. So my bike needs a new chain, but they are pretty pricey. I've been looking around and I saw this little wind up toy car. Needless to say, I ripped that shit apart and saw that a rubber band was running the little guy. Now my question is, how big of a rubberband do I need to run my bike? It's a 2003 SV650s. Also, will I get major gains if I run a smaller rubber?

2. Ask your local postie for some of those red rubber bands. They seem pretty strong! :grin:

G

3. No no no! Rubber bands are so :lastyear:

Got to get the surgical rubber tube!!! Now thats got some serious torque handling quality.

And it's not the "size" you worry about (although the girls will all say different ) its the "TWISTS" you put into it that gives it the "oomph"

JJ

4. The funny thing is a Posty is not alowed to give/sell or throw down on to the ground the rubber bands!!

Fiew years ago some Posty gave a kid a rubber band or two... the kid made a sling and took another kids eye out... Post got sued!!

The SV takes a 525 chain which is expensive... but I do belive there is an aftermarket 520 chain conversion avalable... 520 chains are the cheepest and any way you should always change your sprockets when changing the chain..

5. My suggestion is that you send this to the first ten people on your email list. In no time at all you will have created a chain letter, and your problems will be solved........

6. True Hornet but remember you only have 10 minutes to forward them on or you will have 455 years bad luck.

Forward this on now NOW as you may experience some thing mystical and weird. :)

7. Weird, what, APART from being on Netrider????

8. Just buy one of those bicycle lock chains with the combination lock - not only are they a cheap length of chain but you could also use it to secure your bike when it's parked.