Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Chain cleaning unit

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Fitty, Jan 25, 2011.

1. My old man has a push bike chain cleaning unit, which is basically a plastic case with brushes etc. that you clip over the chain and run the chain through. Has anyone seen or does anyone know of a similar product for motorbikes?

2. Why not just use three toothbrushes to make your own.
  3. Because it'd be shit.
  4. Bahahah you can get them but i dont know where try ebay or google good luck
  5. I cheat. I use a shoe polish brush, and a spray bottle with 75/25 water/mild degreaser, and a rag.
    Someone will dress me down for that im sure... but i then dry it on a gentle 5min ride, and oil it up ;).
    18000km on the chain and sprockets so far and they look almost as good as the day i put them on (admittedly, itll last with a little care on a 250).
  6. I have exactly what you are talking about, is very easy to use.
    Just wrap it around the chain, and whilst the rear wheel is elevated, just pull the chain through the plastic case.
    This is the place I got mine from, scroll down to the bottom of the page....

7. Awesome, cheers dude.