Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Chain and Sprockets cb900

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by zx9er, May 18, 2013.

1. G'day,

I'm just wondering where I can pick up a new chain and sprockets cheaply on the internet?

I'm after a good quality chain (maybe x-ring), gold would be sweet. And standard size sprockets for my bike. Actually on that would anyone know if different size sprockets for my bike would throw out the speedo?

Cheers big ears.:pompous:

2. Speedo is usually run off front wheel so should be fine.
    I get a lot of stuff from Wemoto in the UK because of the great service. Shipping is usually fair and quick. Prices are reasonable but nothing good is cheap.
    If you try them I wouldn't go for Sunstar Sprockets if that's all they have for your bike.
    Someone can probably suggest somewhere here in Aus if you prefer not to shop overseas.

3. #3 Bumblebeeman1150, May 19, 2013
    Last edited: May 19, 2013
    Chain Gang in Brisbane can do the sprockets, usually including non-standard ones. Go for any reputable chain deal, such as RK, DID and so on.The Hornet has an electronic speedo triggered by a sensor on the gearbox (I think), so the speedo reading may not seem to change; check it against a GPS before and after. Likewise the tacho (it's disconcerting when you know the revs/speed ratio has actually changed but don't see it on the clocks). My CB1300 was 8km/h high at 100km/h, but after gearing it down two teeth on the back, comes out exactly at 100, according to GPS, though the engine is turning over 400rpm lower than before.